25 October 2005

Mike Mitchell Refuses To Grow Up

Hey guys, it's Donnie... Sky High remains one of my favorite movies of the year, and when I walked out I thought to myself, "Well, I'm gonna have to follow director Mike Mitchell now." There was so much more to that movie than I expected that I have to take my first impressions of his films with a grain of salt from now on. That being said, he also directed Deuce Bigalow and Surviving Christmas, so he's far from a sure bet. Perhaps he just had such a good script and cast that it would have been harder to fuck it up than to get it right.

Mitchell's next film has been announced and it's called Fred Claus. It's about Santa's jealous older brother who has to swallow his anger and move into Santa's pad in the North Pole. It's really too early to tell where this is gonna go. It could be charming and wonderful ala Elf or it could be disasterous like Jingle All The Way. My guess is we'll get a better sense once we hear some casting. Either way, interested parties are paying attention...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder