21 October 2005

Dakota Fanning Pulls A Quinn Mallory

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Sliders was a great show. I will forever love Jerry O'Connell because of Sliders. I will also forever have monster crushes on both Sabrina Lloyd and Kari Wuhrer because of Sliders. Yeah...

Anyway, Dakota Fanning has just signed on to voice the title character in Coraline, written by Neil Gaiman and directed by Henry Selick (Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach) about a girl who finds a doorway that takes her to a similar parallel universe where her life is way cooler. Of course, as to be expected with a Gaiman script, things take a dark turn when her parallel parents won't let her return home, and I'm pretty sure the mirror version of herself (which may or may not be sporting a goatee) starts causing a ruckus here in the real world.

I wasn't really excited about this until I noticed that Gaiman was scripting and that Selick was directing. I mean, I'm a total sucker for stories about parallel universes because, to me, that's just about the most interesting concept in the history of science-fiction. Hopefully Gaiman will bring something new to the concept and we'll get some kick-ass claymation to boot. I also think I'd rather have animated Dakota Fanning here than real Dakota Fanning. Unless the real Fanning ran into some Kromaggs and got disemboweled at the end. I would be up for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder