24 August 2005

UPDATED!!! TrailerTown: Steve Buscemi and The Rock Get Neighborly!

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Got two trailers for ya today, both very different. In fact, I'd be surprised if you ever saw both of these movies occupying the same space at the same time anywhere ever again. These two probably wouldn't even be found playing at the same theater. But I love a good odd pairing, so here we go...

UPDATED: Yahoo recently posted the trailer in non-bootleg form, so I've updated the link. Love that chainsaw bit...

First up, we get DOOM. (For the record, I've made the decision that whenever I write something about this movie the title must always been written in all caps. It's just the way it has to be.) Here we get a look at the new trailer which premiered at QuakeCon. It starts off just like the teaser that's currently in theaters, but then we get a nice intro to each character, we get a few extra glimpses at some imps and demons, and we get a couple of nice shots from the FPS sequence, and I must say......damn. That shit is crazy. If it plays within the context of the movie, it has the potential to really blow some audiences away.

Click it here to run around and shoot stuff.

Secondly we get a little flick called Lonesome Jim. I find this picture to be noteworthy for two reasons: First, it stars Casey Affleck (a criminally underrated actor) with no sign of Big Brother Ben. Secondly, more importantly, it's the directorial debut of one Steve Buscemi. I'd love to see what that guy would do with a camera. He looks to have assembled a pretty damn solid cast, although I'm not really crazy about this particular trailer. It's a bit long and seems to show alot (and by alot I mean the whole plot) of the movie.

Click it here to go on a date with a 9 year old...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Steve Buscemi has directed before. A quick jaunt over to IMDB reveals some TV stuff and some upcoming stuff, but tucked in there is a little flick called "Trees Lounge" which I hear is very good. I haven't seen it, but it does exist.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goddamn of course! I totally forgot about Trees Lounge, I forgot that was Buscemi.

Nice use of the word jaunt.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder