11 July 2005

Elfman Chooses Between Spiders



Hey guys, it's Donnie...Who doesn't love Danny Elfman? Honestly? The most consistant criticism I've heard of Batman Begins is that it was missing a great Danny Elfman theme. I have yet to hear his work on the upcoming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because I have absolute faith that it will be mind-blowingly cool and I want to talk in a clean slate.

Well, the bad news is that Elfman will NOT be providing the score for Spider-Man 3, which is reall rather tragic. If there's anyone out there who can do superhero scores in his sleep, it's Elfman. However, Spidey 3 is shaping up to be dramatically different from its predecessors, so maybe a dramatically different score will serve to help set a new tone.

So what's the good news? Elfman won't be doing Spidey 3 because he'll be doing Charlotte's Web instead. I'm not totally sold on this new live action Charlotte's Web. It's got a pretty gerat voice cast, particularly Steve Buscemi as Templeton the Rat. Julia Roberts as Charlotte seems a rather dull and safe choice, and Dakota Fanning's casting as Fern worries me that the movie will turn into Fern And Her Pet Pig. Either way, I'm holding out significant judgement until they cast Wilbur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder