06 July 2005

Park Chan-Wook's Got Two In The Oven



Hey guys, it's Donnie...If you haven't heard of Park Chan-Wook, (or Chan-Wook Park as he is often refered to) then oh boy are you in for a shock. I almost envy you in a way, because you get to experience the joy of discovery. The first time I watched Oldboy...holy shit. It blew me away man. I'm currently tracking down a copy of Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance so that I can be properly prepared for the impending arrival of Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, the conclusion of his "Revenge Trilogy". These three movies don't share characters or plotlines, they just all center around the concept of revenge, and I've got to say that I think that's a pretty fucking cool way to structure a trilogy.

Well, as he finishes up work on Lady Vengeance, Park Chan-Wook is getting ready to start his next two projects, which he recently spoke of in an interview. After reading the very short description he gave...well holy crap. This guy is insanely brilliant and...well, no matter how I try to retell it...gah I'm just gonna give you the quote direct for the horse's mouth:
"I’m going to make a high-definition film paid for by CJ Entertainment. It’s the story of a young girl in a mental hospital who believes she’s a cyborg. Its tentative title is, ‘I’m a Cyborg, but It’s OK.’ After that, I’ll do a vampire movie."
You've gotta be kidding me right? Do you have any idea how much I would be willing to pay to watch Park Chan-Wook movies about cyborgs and vampires? God I'm such a nerd...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder