10 November 2005

Trailertown: A Whole Bunch Of Awesome

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Welcome back to Trailertown!

I've been saving these up for a few days now, as each one sort of came out all by their lonesome. Now I'm giving them to you all at once. It's like I pinched the movie trailer garden hose so nothing came out for a while, and now you're gonna get a whole bunch of stuff at once. Aren't you lucky?

The Fountain: Breathtaking. That's the only word to describe it. We've been waiting for Darren Aronofsky's "psychadelic fairy tale" for YEARS now, and after much torture and torment, it's finally gonna happen. There's still no solid release date, just sometime next year, but I don't care. I have the overwhelming desire to watch this trailer about every 20 minutes, and yet I also don't want to know anything about it at all. I want to walk into the theater as ignorant as humanly possible. Either way, watch this trailer now, and then tell all your friends, because at some point next year this movie is gonna kick your ass, and then you're gonna thank me.
Click it here for the coolest tree in human existance...

The Libertine: I've never been a huge fan of classical pieces and costume dramas, and when the trailer refers to this as "the most controversial film of the year", I somehow find it hard to believe, particularly with stuff like Jarhead in theaters and Syrianna on the horizon. That being said, I do love me some Johnny Depp and some Samantha Morton. I'm certainly not gonna rush out to this one, but I could probably get there without too much convincing. It certainly looks dark as all hell, so at least newcomer Laurence Dunmore appears to have done something vaguely interesting with a genre that tends to be pretty stale.
Click it here to dance onstage with a very large...well...uh....yeah...

Edison: This is it. This will be the big screen acting debut of one Justin Timberlake. How does it look? Ehhhh.... I don't know. I'm not really diggin' the trailer, but that doesn't necessarily mean the movie's gonna be bad. The trailer makes it looks like a cool idea that was poorly executed. The cast, however, is pretty rock solid. Spacey, Freeman, McDermott...they can't ALL be on autopilot can they? However, surrounding himself with such incredible talent could end up biting Timberlake in the ass, as he could very easily get overshadowed by his co-stars. Hell, Morgan Freeman could overshadow Timberlake if he was just standing in the background of the shot, silent and out of focus. The fact that we only see Timberlake utter eight words of dialogue in the entire two minute trailer probably isn't a good sign...
Click it here to wish you could chase Justin Timberlake with a sniper rifle...

An American Haunting: Just goes to show that you shouldn’t always trust first impressions. Director Courtney Soloman has only one previous film on his resume: the laughably awful Dungeons & Dragons movie from 2000. Seriously, that movie made my teeth hurt it was so bad. Well, Soloman is back with this film and the trailer…is fantastic. Seriously, Sutherland looks great, as does Wendy from the recent Peter Pan. That carriage at the end…this thing looks dark and moody and cool as shit. I’m always a little wary when horror films try to pass themselves off has historical fact, but I guess I should just be used to it by now. Anyway, this trailer is enough for me to give Courtney Soloman a second chance. Maybe he just started off in the wrong genre or something.
Click it here to wonder why the hell they hung around for three freakin' years...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder