10 November 2005

Liman Talks Down A Jumper

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I really enjoy Doug Liman as a director. Most of his projects are pretty intelligent, and at the very least (Mr. & Mrs. Smith) they're entertaining. And moreover, the man refuses to tie himself down to any one genre. He started with Swingers and Go and then all of a sudden he was doing big budget action flicks. His next project...well interesting is probably an understatement.

Liman will be adapting Steven Gould's book Jumper, which chronicles a teenage boy who, upon escaping from his abusive father, discovers that he has the ability to teleport. Teleportation...it must be the Trekkie in me, but that's just one of those theoretical technologies that I find to be infinitely fascinating and anytime that a movie decides to use it in some cool way, well, I get all kinds of excited. Suffice it to say that I'm happy to see that Liman is jumping ship on the action genre and I'm REALLY curious to see what he does with a coming-of-age sci-fi drama. Go Liman! (That's a kind of a pun...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder