10 November 2005

Luthor Is A Snappy Dresser

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I guess this will have to tide me over until Warners releases the official Superman Returns teaser trailer next week.

With the newest editions to Bryan's Blog, entitled Bespoke, we get a glimpse into the world of costume design, specifically in regards to some of Superman's evil-doers, Kitty Kowalski and her main squeeze Lex Luthor. Very cool stuff here. I had been wondering what the thought process was behind Parker Posey's outfits ever since she started popping up in Bryan's Blog, specifically the stuff of her and Luthor on the beach. The concept they've worked out for her...I think it's pretty great, so long as it comes through properly on the screen. There's certainly potential for it to come across as muddled and kind of silly.

Luthor...the man looks badass. This is the first I've heard of him wearing wigs of any sort, and while I'm slightly disappointed at the news, I'm still willing to give Singer the benefit of the doubt. The wigs they show are not nearly as ridiculous as Hackman's were, and if this Luthor is a quasi-respectable businessman (which he appears to be), then I suppose it makes some sense that he might have a wig in certain scenes. I'm still encouraged by the fact that everytime we've seen him so far, Spacey's dome has been shiny and hair-free. That last shot as he turns...those eyes...badass.

Click it here for today's vocabulary lesson...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder