07 October 2005

Trailertown: Curious Army Mullets...In Space!

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Welcome back to Trailertown!

Got some very fun stuff today, and it's Friday. Both fun and Friday start with "F"...I don't know where I'm going with this...

Curious George: Here's a look at the Curious George trailer that will be screening with Wallace and Gromit (among other things) this weekend. I'm really happy with this. I feel like this is the first time in a while that a remake of something from when I was a kid doesn't make me feel like my childhood is being raped and pillaged. The animation style is perfect for the story, it looks like alot of fun...kids today need more movies like this one. Maybe Ron Howard felt bad for inflicting The Cat In The Hat on America's youth. He certainly should.

Click it here for technicolor bathing tips...

Guy X: I've never heard anything about this movie, but I must confess to having a bit of a soft spot for Jason Biggs. I saw him on stage in The Graduate a few years ago and he was excellent, as opposed to Alicia Silverstone, who was decidedly not. He looks pretty damn funny here in what looks to be a cross between Stripes and Buffalo Soldiers. I enjoyed the trailer quite a bit, but you should also take a moment to play around with all the fun bells and whistles on the flash site. You can throw baseballs at animated Biggs, and you can even adopt a puffin! Mine's name is Mortimer.

Click it here to guard things...

Clerks 2: I'll admit that when I saw that Kevin Smith was doing a "video diary" for Clerks 2, I didn't think it would last. I figured he'd do one and promptly forget about it for a few weeks, and then we'd get a few sporadic updates in the middle of shooting. Well hog my hooter. Smith has already posted three entries, all of which are pretty funny, and two teaser trailers, one of which could never be shown in a theater. Plus the post for the second teaser has a great title. I laughed before I even started the damn video. Keep it up Silent Bob...

Click it here to break Ben Affleck's sidekick...

Serenity: I know, I know, this movie's already in theaters and I already reviewed it here, so what the hell is it doing in Trailertown? Well, Universal just posted the first nine minutes of the movie, which is everything leading up to the opening titles. It's comprised of mostly the serious and/or expository stuff, but it's still pretty fuckin cool. I've posted it here because, despite my problems with the flick, I still think it was pretty great and I genuinely want to see it do well, so if this is what it'll take to get people's ass in the theater, then so be it. You probably have to load a plugin and reboot, but it only takes a second and I think it's worth the effort.

Click it here to find out what your sin is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder