30 September 2005

Kevin Smith Wishes He Was Peter Jackson

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Kevin Smith just launched the website for Clerks 2: The Passion Of The Clerks, and you know what? It actually makes me less worried about this movie than I was before.

Smith is always his worst critic, and rather than try to defend this movie, he lays it all out on the line. So far the site only contains two things: A "teaser", which is basically just a series of clips from the first Clerks with Passion music over it. But there's also a video diary, ala KongIsKing, ala BlueTights, and it's fuckin hilarious. Since it's just an intro, (entitled "Back To The Well") it's basically just a few minutes of Kevin Smith talking to the camera, but he's absolutely hilarious. There's even a sneak peak at a future journal entry!

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Clerks 2 is a bad idea, but at least Smith seems to know it too, which makes me hope he's gonna buckle down to make this thing work. Plus he's got Rosario Dawson onboard, and that's a good thing in my book. No word on whether or not The Affleck will make an appearance, but last I checked, he didn't really have anything on the horizon, except for the Gone Baby Gone, the flick he's gonna direct based on the novel by Dennis Lehane. Some of you may think he's never directed a movie before, but you would be wrong. Don't believe me? Go ahead, check out IMDB to find out the name of the movie he directed in college. It has the most brilliant title I've ever heard in my life.

Click it here to jam gum in the locks, you bunch of savages...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder