29 July 2005

Spader's Secretary And Gibson's Hooker Onboard For Stone's 9/11

Hey guys, it's Donnie...The cast continues to expand on Oliver Stone's 9/11 picture, and so far I'm tremendously happy with the direction it's taking. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Maria Bello have signed on to play the wives of Michael Pena and Nicholas Cage, respectively. Maggie Gyllenhaal is a fantastic actress. She's so simple, and yet there's an elegance there, a sort of luminescant quality. Maria Bello tends to vary a little from picture to picture. I can't think of a performance of hers that I've disliked, but she often gets overshadowed by her co-stars. But I love her in Payback and her work in The Cooler is also pretty fantastic.

That being said, I think both of these actresses are a good match for their fictional husabnds. I can very easily see each of them together. If Stone can continue to assemble a cast of this caliber, I think we're gonna be in for a real treat. Shooting is scheduled to begin this fall in New York. My question is whether or not he plans on waiting till after the 11th to start shooting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder