15 June 2005

Trailers Galore!!!



Hey guys, it's Donnie...I know I'm WAY behind, but this is that time of the month where the trustees come to visit my place of employment and everyone I work with gets all edgy and antsy and then I end up spending an afternoon configuring laptops and gaff-taping power cables to the carpet. That being said, I've gathered a plethora of trailers here for your viewing pleasure, so you better enjoy...or else...things...will..happen.......

First up is the latest and perhaps greatest from creative recluse Terrence Malick entitled The New World. Think Pochahontas, minus the talking trees and crappy songs. the "real story" of John Smith and pals and their early adventures in Americaland. This is a phenomonal cast the man has assembled, and the care and respect and attention that has clearly been paid (along with gambling debts I'm sure) to the Native American culture looks to make a visually stunning picture. And let's be honest, if Malick is actually gonna make a movie, then I'm gonna show up to see it. Click it here for sumptuous Quicktime...

Next we have another period film from another director in hiding: Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist. Usually a remake of Oliver Twist wouldn't interest me, but hell, I'll go see Little Orphan Annie if Polanski's directing, if only for the possibility of seeing Daddy Warbucks' head on a pike. This teaser is really more of a little clip from the beginning of the film, and the dialogue has been dubbed over in French because it's on the French website, but it's still a good look at what's to come, and I likes what I sees. Click here for French Flash goodness...

Now a movie trailer by...another reclusive director. (Do we sense a theme here?) The Brothers Grimm looks to be the first of two movies by Terry Gilliam to be released this year, and more Gilliam is always a good thing. (Has anyone else heard this crazy rumor that someone wants to put up the money for him to resurrect The Man Who Killed Don Quixote? That would have to be a record, even for Gilliam.) I love the concept for this movie: all your precious childhood fairy tales...but with fangs and big FUCK OFF claws. Damon looks to be really enjoying himself in the role of the charming grifter and Monica Bellucci...well...yum. This was appropriated from AOL Moviefone so right click it HERE and save that bastard. I saw this before Batman Begins last night and it totally popped off the screen...

And speaking of things that pop off the screen...this thing just looks like a total mindfuck. Neil Gaiman's MIRRORMASK, brought to you by your good friends at the Jim Henson Company. The Muppetmakers are really getting on my goodside these days. They did fantastic work on the Vogons in Hitchhiker's Guide, and this...well...there are really no words for some of this stuff. I like the quote about Wizard of Oz and it seems darkly appropriate. This one...well...it's clearly begging to be seen in a certain state of mind, and far be it from me to argue with Neil Gaiman. Trip balls right HERE...

Alright, that's enough of that. I got more overdue stories to write, including my thoughts on The Batman. Until next time, in the illustrious words of DJ Bitter Herb: Peace in the Middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder