27 June 2005

Fox Inflicts Maximum Payne



Hey guys, it's Donnie...As I've said before, my expertise my extend to many fields, but gaming is not among them. I feel like I used to be really good at first person shooters like Quake 2 and 3, but when the controls got more sophisticated, I got suckier. I've just never been able to master the whole dual- joystick thing, making my performance in games like Halo 2 pretty pathetic.

However, I do remember a little game called Max Payne, mostly because of its liberal use of bullet-time. Seems the folks at Fox remember it too, because they've just signed off on a development deal with the game's creators to bring Mr. Payne to the big screen. The story of the game is very Punisher-esque, a rogue DEA agent on a killing spree to clear his name and punish the people who killed his wife and child. If they did this thing right, it could easily out-perform Tom Jane's comic book forebearer, which I thought was actually a pretty good revenge flick but a pretty crappy Punisher movie. Maybe they'll get it right the second time around. Getting out of Miami would be a really good start.

No one attached to direct or fill Payne's shoes. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder