24 June 2005

The Baxter Is A Little Gentleman



Hey guys, it's Donnie...No, The Baxter is not a spinoff movie featuring the adventures of Ron Burgandy's faithful sidekick after surviving that dangerous punt off the bridge. No, no, no, THE BAXTER is the latest from the creative cadre responsible for The State, Wet Hot American Summer, and the upcoming Comedy Central show Stella. These guys are funny as shit, and while I'm rather looking forward to the arrival of Stella, this new trailer for The Baxter has me really excited for a number of reasons. First of all, I'm excited about anything with Michael Ian Black. He's pretty much the reason I keep watching those I Love The 80's specials on VH1. Secondly, these guys can write this sort of nerdy, uncomfortable romantic comedy stuff in their sleep at this point. Michael Showalter may very well be the somewhat less intellectual heir to the classic Woody Allen character.

Also, I love Elizabeth Banks. Apparantly someone in my mother's family knows her and I'm really gonna have to look into that. Aside from the fact that she's freakin gorgeous, she's also got a veritable slew of upcoming projects. Heights has just arrived, and she's got Spidey 3 and The 40 Year Old Virgin on the horizon. She's got a really simple elegance, an understated grace in everything she does. I'm really excited to see her take a more comedic turn in the next few months.

Anyway, check this shit out. I think it looks pretty damn promising...

Click here to go to foggy Londontown...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm aware that Stella as a group has been around for a while, my referrence to "the arrival of Stella" (which you'll notice used the italicized text) was referring to the arrival of the show entitled Stella on Comedy Central

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder