13 October 2005

Wanna Learn More About John Carter Of Mars?

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Last week I reported that Jon Favreau was taking over directing duties on the adaptation of the classic Edgar Rice Burroughs pulp sci-fi novel A Princess Of Mars. I haven't read these books but I do know the legacy, I know how well respected they are among writers and filmmakers and I know the film has been a long time in the making. Plus it has a fantastic premise, and I'm always a sucker for a cool premise.

Well, Favs recently premiered his current flick, Zathura, at Harry Knowles' Fantastic Fest down in Austin and while he was there, AICN's Quint snagged a great interview where they pretty much forget about Zathura and talk at great length and in great depth about John Carter. It's a great interview, one of the best I've read in a while. If you know the books, then this should fill you with hope for the project, and if you have no idea what the hell I've been talking about, you should still read it because it's a pretty good primer on the property. Plus Quint included some of the fantastic artwork that Favreau will draw heavily upon for the film.

John Carter is so money and he doesn't even know it...(sorry, couldn't resist it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder