26 October 2005

Here's A Noir BRICK Through Your Window...

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Man, this trailer just came right the fuck out of nowhere and hit me like...well, I'm not gonna say it.

The movie is Brick (as in drugs, not as in construction material for smart little pigs) and it looks cooler than cool. The biggest "names" are Jospeh Gordon-Levitt, Lukas Haas and Shaft himself, Richard Roundtree. Apparantly it got some attention at Sundance, but this is the first I've heard of it and, honestly, that makes it all that much cooler. I love getting totally blindsided by badass little flicks like this one. It's a total modern teen noir thriller and it certainly doesn't look like it pulls its punches. Granted, this is the Red Band Trailer, so you'll never see this in a theater or on TV, but it's cool nonetheless.

I'm not gonna tell you anything about the plot, because it's noir! Much like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which you should all go see. I've decided that this is going to be the first movie that I'm gonna champion.) half the fun is putting all the random pieces together and trying to figure out what in the hell is really going on. IMDB has the release date down for March 24 2006, so let's hope that Focus Features can get it into a theater near me...wherever I may be in March.

Click it here for an awkward juice moment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder