28 September 2005

PosterTime: Three Headed Retarded Kids

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I suppose that title is "a wee bit offsides" if you will, but I was trying to come up with a clever title that combines both of today's posters and that was honestly the first thing that popped into my head. Who knows where ideas come from, they just appear. Ah well, guess I'm gonna burn in hell. At least I'll be with friends.

Today we've got two posters, one for an foreign import and one for a long delayed flick with a lot of potential. First up: Three...Extremes. Similar in concept to the recent Eros trilogy, this film collects three great Asian filmmakers who each give us a short film that is sure to be full and sick and twisted horror fun. Takashi Miike, Fruit Chan and Park Chanwook will each be presenting a glimpse into their respective dark genius just in time for Haloween. I'm certainly looking forward to it, and while I don't love this poster, I still think it's pretty interesting.

We've also got the poster for The Ringer, the not-a-Farrelly-Brothers-movie. They're listed as producers, although they actually had a great deal of influence on this flick, i.e. they were on set every day and told everyone what to do. The premise is quite solid: Johnny Knoxville is deep in debt so he decides to pretend to be retarded so he can compete in the Special Olympics and bet on himself. Tell me that doesn't have potential for a boatload of funny. They didn't want the public as well as advocacy groups to write it off as "The Farrelly Brothers making fun of retarded people" so they took a producing credit and let Barry W. Blaustein come in as the actual director. Blaustein is apparantly an Eddie Murphy addict, as he wrote Coming To America, Boomerang, Nutty Professor (1 and 2) and an upcoming spin on Romeo and Juliet for Murphy to star in. This movie has been sitting on a shelf at Fox Searchlight for the better part of a year now, so let's hope it's worth the wait.

I'm not really crazy about either of these posters, but I have pretty high hopes for both films and I wanted to put them on people's radars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder