19 September 2005

Thirsty Till 2006

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Just yesterday, one of the rookies I was training at the Helpdesk asked me about my favorite directors, and I mentioned Aronofsky because the man is pretty much batting a thousand in my book, although it's more than a little bit of a copout because he's really only directed two films. Although I immediately mentioned that we were gonna be getting his third, The Fountain, very soon and that I had very high expectations, despite the fact that I've yet to see anything more than a handful of still images and that fantastic screen saver.

Well, it seems I spoke too soon. While there has yet to be an official announcement from the folks at Warners, a number of sources, namely Hollywood Reporter and Entertainment Weekly, are now reporting that the film has been pushed back to an undetermined date in 2006. Moreover, in Warners' Fall/Holiday Preview press release, The Fountain was nowhere to be found.

There are a number of VERY high profile projects that will be hitting theaters during the fall and holiday season, contrasting a somewhat lackluster summer. Granted I thought there were a number of good films this summer, but they seemed to be spread very thin amongst a lot of utter crap. Anyway, the point is that perhaps by delaying The Fountain's release, it will stand out a little more amongst the general crap that tends to get unloaded in January and early February, ala Eternal Sunshine.

I always try to hope for the best when it comes to the delay of a movie I'm really excited for. The idea that a delay might make the movie EVEN BETTER helps me get over the fact that I have to wait another two months before it gets to theaters. Grrrrrr.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder