25 August 2005

Invasion of Park Chan Wook!!!

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Park Chan-Wook (or Chan-Wook Park, depending on your personal preference) is taking over and I couldn't be happier about it. Oldboy finally hit American DVD shelves this past Tuesday, while the first film in his increasingly awesome Revenge Trilogy, Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance has been in a limited theatrical release for the past week or so. Mystically enough it has yet to make its way to the Boston area, but as soon as it does, I'll be checking it out. Early next year, the final chapter, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance will get its own little theatrical run after its international premiere at the Venice Film Festival. (The flick is currently raking in record numbers in Park's native South Korea.)

I've seen Oldboy numerous times and I fucking love it. There's an American remake in the works to be directed by Justin Lin, but I have great reservations about this oh-so-beautifully twisted story being properly translated for American audiences. In other words, Universal is gonna pussy out and rip the balls out of the movie, so to speak. I used to own an import DVD before my collection got stolen, and I'll definitely be repurchasing it soon enough. I'm totally psyched to see Mr. and Lady Vengeance as soon as I can find a theater where they're actually playing...

Anyway, I've decided to use my powers of influence to get you excited about this director, so here's we've got links to trailers for each film. I highly suggest you check them all out, because they seem to just get better and better, and Park Chan-Wook is gonna be the man to watch for the next few years, just you wait.

Click it here for fun with Mr. Vengeance

Click it here for fun with an Oldboy

Click it here for fun with Lady Vengeance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder