20 June 2005

Constantly Gardening The City Of God



Hey guys, it's Donnie...If you didn't see Fernando Meirelles's phenomenal City Of God, then stop reading this article. Get up from your computer, get in your car, go to Blockbuster, find a copy on DVD, go back home, put it in your player, shut off your phone, sit down and watch.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
...
...
.....
.....
.......
.........

doo be doo be doo...
......
.............

Back?

I know, I know. Yeah, it's amazing.

You're welcome.

Well, now that you're primed and ready, Fernando Meirelles's next project will be hitting theaters in August and it's called The Constant Gardner. It stars Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Pete Postlethwaite, and the lovely Rachel Weisz and centers around a diplomat's struggle to uncover a conspiracy about pharmacutical companies in Kenya in the wake of his wife's murder by these treacherous medical types.

Dance with sick Kenyans right here...

So far, I've only seen one review of this puppy and it was fairly negative, but it was a few months ago and most of his criticisms were concerning pacing and other such aspects which have undoubtedly been addressed since then. Plus, honestly, I don't really care. City Of God is such a ridiculously amazing film that Meirelles essentially has a free pass in my book in that I don't care how bad I hear this movie is gonna be, I'm still gonna go see it. His sense of visual and storytelling style is so elevated that I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for this exciting new filmmaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder