01 December 2005

Trailertown: Remakes, Sequels and Subtitles

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Welcome back to Trailertown!
Zinda - So I'm still dreading the impending American remake of Park Chanwook's amazing film Oldboy. I'll be shocked if they don't totally cut the balls off the movie in an attempt to make it easier for American audiences to swallow, which is absolute bullcrap. However, when I heard that there was a Bollywood remake in the works, I got kind of excited, mostly cuz I figured it would be absolutely nuts. I was expecting bright colors, big song and dance numbers...just absolutely ridiculous. Yeah, I'd probably hate it, but I figured I could trust Bollywood to do something different with the material. Nope. There are two trailers here for Zinda, the remake by Sanjay Gupta, and it looks exactly like the original but with Indians instead of Koreans. Maybe there's more that they're not showing me but right now...I watch the trailers and think, "Why would I want to watch the same movie with different actors? I'd rather just watch the real Oldboy." Ah well, what are you gonna do?
Click it here for a hammer weilding Indian...

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - I know, I just put this trailer up like two days ago, but that was in super crappy Windows Media, and Disney finally released the thing in glorious Yahoo Quicktime. Any you know what? It makes all the difference in the world. I can actually see what the hell is going on in some shots now and Davey Jones looks even cooler now that he's not just a series of moving boxes.
Click it here for clearly distinguishable pirates...

The Tiger And The Snow - Now is the time for movies critique the U.S. presence in Iraq. There's just been sufficient turnaround time that we're getting a whole bunch of movies getting released around the same time reacting to our more than dubious foreign policy. Jarhead, Syriana, and now Roberto Benigni's getting into the act. Here we've got the French trailer for The Tiger And The Snow, a film in which Benigni plays an Italian poet finds out that the woman he loves was injured in an attack in Baghdad. He therefore travels to Iraq to take care of her and get her the proper medical attention. But, ya know, it's funny. Actually, I thought this trailer was very charming, especially since I could only understand half of what was going on. Plus it's got Jean Reno! I guess this makes up for his involvement in The Pink Panther.
Click it here to wonder where the tiger and the snow come into play...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder