17 August 2005

Keep Hustling That Kung Fu

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I finally got my hands on the Kung Fu Hustle DVD recently and while I enjoyed the crap out of it, the whole time I was watching it I couldn't help but think, "Man, I really wish I was watching this in a theater full of people."

Well, looks like I'll get the chance to redeem my past sins. I heard a while back that Steven Chow was considering a sequel, but considerable progress has since been made. Shooting is scheduled to start in September or October and continue through the end of the year. Not only that, but the first one did so well that Sony Pictures has fully financed the sequel, which looks to be coming in around $15 million. As the icing on the cake, almost the entire cast will be returning. Steven Chow, his sidekick, the Landlord, and the Landlady will all be back, as well as the actor who played Brother Sum, head of the Axe gang, but as a different character.

That's just downright fantastic news. I can't wait to see this one in a proper theater. God that'll kick ass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder