16 August 2005

Be Aware Of Squids And Whales...

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Of the many functions of this website, from reviews to soapbox shouting, from news to rumor-mongering, the most noble thing I can do is help to spread awareness of interesting films that might not otherwise garner alot of attention. I'm happy to do it, and if it puts one more person in the theater than would have been there before, then I've done my job. When it comes down to it, I just love movies, and I really feel like anyone who gets their shit together and puts together a film they're proud of, the least I can do is watch it. Even if I don't like it, I respect them for the effort.

I heard about this little filmcalled The Squid And The Whale a while back, although I can't remember the context as of this moment. It was probably in connection to Wes Anderson, whose work I am absolutely in love with. He produced this project, which was written and directed by his good friend and Life Aquatic co-writer Noah Baumbach. It's a semi-autobiographical story of an 80's New York family disintegrating in the wake of infidelities. It won the Screenwriter's Award and the Director's Award at Sundance AND it has a Baldwin in it, so it's got that goin' for it...

Seriously, I'm not sure how wide a release this puppy's gonna get, but the poster went online today over at CHUD and I think it's pretty sweet. Aside from featuring a bearded Jeff Daniels and a seemingly demonic cat, it also has one of the best taglines in recent memory. (Although, truth be told, I really liked Jarhead's "Welcome To The Suck.") So keep an ear to the ground, and if you hear about this one coming your way, give it a look see...

Click it here (or on the picture) to see why the cat frightens me so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder