14 December 2005

Spidey Gets Another Playmate...

Hey guys, it's Donnie... Adrian Lester is probably best recognized as one of Ian Holm's co-workers in The Day After Tomorrow and from the UK show Hustle. Well, he's about to become a whole lot more recognized. He's just been officially added to the cast of Spider-Man 3. What role will he be playing? Good question. Let's ask Lester:
"I haven't even had a script yet. All I know is that I'm playing a research scientist who tries to cure the baddie of whatever badness he's got. I don't even know who the new baddie is!"
Okay, well that wasn't much help. I suppose he could just be playing "Research Assistant #1" but somehow I doubt that. Speculation has begun to snowball that he may be playing Ben Reilly, one of the least loved characters in Spidey lore. Originally Ben Reilly was a clone of Peter Parker who, at various times, envied Parker, hated Parker, fought Parker in Shea Stadium, and then later took over as Spider-Man for a while. However, the newer "Ultimate" comic series has reimagined Reilly as an African American lab assistant who starts screwing around with the Venom symbiote. Despite Sony's continued silence, it's generally accepted at this point that Venom will be featured in this movie in the form of Topher Grace.

Anyway, I liked Lester in The Day After Tomorrow. I was sad to see his character go, although he probably had one of the more dignified deaths in the movie, as it did not involve CGI wolves or death by shopping mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder