28 November 2005

David Lynch Returns...In Digital!

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I wasn't aware of this, but apparantly David Lynch has jumped onboard the Robert Rodriguez/Michael Mann/James Cameron "Film Is Dead, I'm Only Shooting In Digital" bandwagon. To which I say...sweet.

But mostly that response comes simply from the news that Lynch has another movie on the horizon. Apparantly Lynch started the project, currently titled Inland Empire, over three years ago (with no script) and Empire Online is reporting that the film is close to completion. As per normal, no one really knows what it's about except that it's "a mystery about a woman in trouble" and it stars Laura Dern, Justin Theroux, Harry Dean Stanton, (yes!) Julia Ormand and Jeremy Irons, who apparantly must have figured out how to get himself out of Medieval Europe.

Lynch came and spoke at my alma mater a few months back. Sadly I missed out, although I heard a pretty funny story about someone asking him about the mysterious Judy in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. The guy is a master filmmaker, so I'm just excited that he's making another movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder