23 November 2005

Rocky Goes After Teenage Girls

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I've read the first few pages of an earlier draft of Rocky Balboa and I have to admit, it's got potential...to go either way. It certainly has a great premise, but then again so did Rocky V, and I think we all know how THAT turned out.

One of the potentially really nice set-ups is that Rocky's son, last played with agonizing boredom by Sly's real life son, has grown up into a mature and successful business man, while Rocky is still kind of a washout, thus creating a really interesting dynamic between father and son. Well, The Hollywood Reporter is...reporting...that MGM and Columbia have signed on Milo Ventimiglia to play Rocky Jr.

If the name doesn't right a bell, it's probably because you're not a 17 year old girl. Milo is probably best known for playing Jess on The WB's Gilmore Girls, a show I would really really like if it wasn't so frickin girlie. Seriously, the writing on Gilmore Girls is some of the best writing on TV today, I just don't really relate to any of the main characters nor most of the plotlines. Oh well.

Personally, I think he looks a little bit young for the part as written in the script that I read, but I'm sure that there have been numerous changes since then. I like what little I've seen of this kid, and he can't possibly be any worse than Sage Stallone was in Rocky V. I'm still not totally sold that this is gonna work out right, but it seems to be heading in vaguely the right direction. Let's hope it continues to do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Falcon said...

How does one go about getting their hands on a copy of an early draft of a film like that?

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i have a few friends/contacts/spies in hollywood, but truthfully, stallone published like the first six pages of a draft in his (now defunct) magazine, i think called Sly. if you search around online you might be able to track them down.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder