27 October 2005

Trailertown: Chinaski Gets Hostel


Hey guys, it's Donnie...Welcome back to Trailertown!

Today we've got two entries, both fairly dissimilar and each living on their own sort of raggedy edge if you will, although one is profoundly more raggedy than the other...

Hostel: It always makes me rather happy when I make some sort of prediction and then it comes true. For instance, yesterday I mentioned that we had yet to see any promo material for Eli Roth's Hostel, but as the release date was just moved up by two and a half weeks, we would probably start seeing stuff real soon. And then I awake today to find that Yahoo has the Hostel teaser. Lovely. I think the "Quentin Tarantino Presents" title is a little retarded, as he sort of came on as a producer at the last minute and they're clearly just trying to use his name recognition to put the asses in the seats, but I can't really fault Roth or Lion's Gate or Screen Gems. From where they're sitting, it's the smart thing to do. I guess I just wish Tarantino would be a little more discriminating as to how his name is used, i.e. the Sin City DVDs that announce him in big bold letters as the "Guest Director," despite having only directed about eight minutes of screen time. Anyway, I like the trailer, I can't wait to see more and I'll probably check this guy out in the theater.
Click it here for the movie that will probably better than Saw II...

Factotum: Matt Dillion as Henry Chinaski, the fictional alter ego of legendary author Charles Bukowski. Genius. The story, which looks pretty meandering, centers on Chinaski drifting from job to job, drinking alot, writing a little, and having quite a bit of sex along the way. This one sort of came out of nowhere for me, but it looks like it has just the right sort of quirky style to it. There isn't a whole lot to the teaser, but certainly enough to pique my interest...
Click it here for a ocean drive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder