18 August 2005

Hold Off On That Vendetta...

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I loved the tagline for V For Vendetta, "Remember, remember the 5th of November..." It's slightly lyrical, slightly creepy, and it fit in with their release date of November 6th so well...

Alas, it was not meant to be.

The film has been officially pushed back to a March 17th release. The official reason for the delay is to give the post-production team more time, and despite the fact that studios are seldom honest about their reasons for delaying a film, I'm fairly inclined to believe them. I'm sure that the post-production folks would like more time and I'm sure we'll get a better film because of it.

However, I'm also sure that the recent London bombings also played a part in pushing back the release date. Even though they have no relation to the film other than it takes place in London and the hero is a justified terrorist of sorts, I'd be willing to bet that this was more about the marketing folks wanting to put more space between the movie and the bombings and less about puting the finishing touches on the vapor trails left by flying knives.

Ah well, I'm pretty sure it's probably gonna work out for the best anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder