18 August 2005

Feeling Inferior To A 12 Year Old Girl

Hey guys, it's Donnie...This is probably the coolest piece of news to cross my screen all day, if not all week. This is pure film geek joy. I recently commented to someone that Orson Welles made Citizen Kane when he was 22, thus making me feel rather worthless as a filmmaker/actor. Well, now I just feel...I don't eve know. Worse. I might as well give up and go home.

The Austin Film Society gives out grants every year to filmmakers in order to help them start and/or finish projects. This year they gave $1,000 to a 12 year old girl so she could finish her 90 minute zombie movie Pathogen.

Goddamn it anyway!

This girl's story, how she got into film, etc. is pretty awesome, so I'm gonna pass the narrative torch to Harry Knowles at AICN, who's had more than a minor influence on this young Romero.

Click it here to feel totally unaccomplished as a human being...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder