24 February 2006

Running Scared Is Flat Out Awesome. Seriously.

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I know, I know, you're thinking "Donnie, you've finally lost it. You've gone completely 'round the bend."

And before you ask, yes, I am aware that Paul Walker is in this movie. And guess what? He doesn't suck. He's actually pretty damn good.

This is probably the best directed movie to be released so far this year, which is obviously not saying much at this point, but nonetheless...This flick has got BALLS like you wouldn't believe. It keeps you guessing throughout, at no point does it pull it's punches and there is one moment about 2/3 of the way through the film that had one of the greatest, most unified audience reactions I've ever witnessed. It's fun, it's violent, it's gritty as all hell, and I loved it.

"Urban fairytale" is definitely the best way to describe this movie, and if you don't know exactly what that's supposed to mean, don't worry...you will. I defy you to go see this movie and not spend at least 20 minutes talking about it when it's over. Oh, and make sure you watch the closing credits. It's got one of the best closing credit sequences I've seen in a good long while.

I was going to write a full out review, but I don't think I want to, at least not at this point. I'd rather you just go to see it secure in the knowledge that, as mediocre as it may appear, there's something truly fantastic going on here. You're going to remember the name Wayne Kramer from now on, I can assure you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder