02 February 2006

The Coens Like Old Men

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Someone recently told me that they know someone who works for National Lampoon, to which I replied, "That's too bad. Remember when National Lampoon equaled funny?"

Hey, remember when the Coen Brothers equaled awesome?

Well, it seems that the Coens might be making a return to form with their next project, No Country For Old Men. Adapted from the novel by Cormac McCarthy, the story centers on a Vietnam vet in the Texas desert of 1980. He stumbled upon the remains of a drug deal gone bad, and decides to split with the drugs and the money, only to find himself being hunted down by a pair of assassins and cranky old Texas sheriff. Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem are set to star, and I have to say that I really like where this is going. Throw in some Turturro, some Goodman and some Frances McDormand and I'll be there.

Hell, I'll probably be there anyway, just out of the desire to see a halfway decent Coen movie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder