31 January 2006

Trailertown: Lots Of Catching Up To Do...

Hey guys, it's Donnie...Welcome back to Trailertown!

In my prolonged absence a number of really excellent trailers have debuted. There have been really too many to go through them all, but here are the big ones from the past week or so...
Silent Hill: Think all video game movies suck? Think again. This trailer is nothing short of badass and scary as hell. Director Christophe Gans (Brotherhood Of The Wolf) seems to have pulled off the impossible. Let's hope that the film lives up to it's trailer.
Click it here for creepy street signs and creatures...

Winter Passing: I Love Zooey Deschenel, I really do. I will watch just about anything she's in ever. (I've also got a thing developing for her sister Emily, who is really pretty fantastic in the Fox show Bones.) The chemistry between Zooey and Will Ferrell in Elf was really quite lovely, so I'm glad Adam Rapp had the good sense to put them together in a serious movie. Add a little bit of cantakerous old Ed Harris and a lot of snow and you've got what looks like something really special.
Click it here for serious Will and seriously cute Zooey...

Special: What the hell is this and where did it come from? I don't have the faintest idea, except it reminds me why I love Michael Rappaport. Is he crazy? Is he for real? More importantly, when can I buy a ticket?
Click it here to have an awesome costume...

Dave Chapelle's Block Party: Hey, remember Dave Chapelle? He's the guy who very quickly became the funniest guy in America, worked a monstrous deal for about $50 million dollars from Comedy Central, and then literally dropped off the face of the planet. Seriously, he just up and disappeared and nobody, including everyone at Comedy Central, knew where to find him. Well the man is back with a concert film where he throws a giant block party in Brooklyn featuring all his friends and favorite musicians. Did I mention that it's directed by Michel Gondry?
Click it here to remember why you liked Chapelle to begin with...

Duck Season: I like this trailer a whole lot. It's simple, it's quirky, it's interesting, and it just seems like a lot of fun. Yeah.
Click it here to have fun sans electricity...

The Notorious Bettie Paige: Hey, remember Gretchen Mol? She was Matt Damon's girlfriend in Rounders (I heard she only got that role because she was banging one of the producers) and then pretty much disappeared. The only thing I've seen her in since was The Shape Of Things, in which she was mediocre at best. Well she's back and she's back with a vengeance, STARRING in The Notorious Bettie Paige. I have to say...she certainly looks the part. Let's hope she can really carry a feature film, because I'd really like this not to suck.
Click it here for fun with whips and leather...

Flight 93: The first of two major "9/11 Films". While Oliver Stone is busy digging Nic Cage and Michael Pena out of the rubble of the World Trade Center, Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremecy) will be bringing us the story of the fourth plane, the one that crashed in a field in Pennsylvania, told in real time. This is a really great teaser trailer, and after reading a couple of really great interviews with Greengrass (one of the smartest directors working today) I'm really expecting greatness from this film.
Click it here for my new favorite teaser...

The Tennants: Dylan McDermott and Snoop Dogg. There's an odd couple if I've ever heard it. I actually kind of like this trailer, a gritty story about two writers who each live alone in run down apartment building. We also get a little peek at Rose Byrne, who may or may not be playing the newest Bond girl Vesper Lynd. I think Dylan McDermott chooses his film projects very well and I'd love to see him really break out with a great film. This isn't it, but it looks like a nice stepping stone.
Click it here to see Dylan with awesome glasses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder