30 January 2006

Serkis Gets Prestigious....

Hey guys, it's Donnie...I've pretty much run out of ways to express my excitement for Chris Nolan's upcoming film The Prestige. Everytime someone else gets added to the cast I somehow get happier. At this point I might as well just give Nolan a blowjob, but despite my college alma mater, I really don't swing that way. Really.

Confirming some rumors from last week, Andy Serkis (a.k.a. Gollum and King fucking Kong) is now officially onboard as the assistant to David Bowie's Nikola Tessla. Serkis obviously gets all kinds of noteriety for his breathtaking motion capture work, but his Lumpy The Cook was one of my favorite character's in Jackson's Kong. I'd love to see the guy get a little more attention for his actual onscreen work and this sounds like a great opportunity.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, the film is about dueling magicians at the turn of the century whose rivalry grows so intense it soon turns to murder. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman play the magicians, Michael Caine and David Bowie play their mentors and Scarlett Johansson and the ever delicious Piper Perabo are their beautiful assistants/love interests.

Seriously, how can you not be excited for this movie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Little Giant Ladder